Monday, May 23, 2011

The Heart of It

Funny how a perfectly ridiculous thing can hit you over the head and send you reeling spinning way out of control way far off any track or path you may be headed down.

All this talk about the rapture really got to me. Maybe in a different way then you think. I started realizing my fear was increasing as the time grew near. I gripped on to what ever sanity I had left and whatever real belief in God that I had and it suddenly hit me this weight stuff is all about fear. The big fear, fear of losing myself. Losing myself and not getting to finish something fabulous something I alone was put here to do.
I don't see God in such a vengeful way. I can't believe that so much love would churn out so much hate and judgement. Call me crazy or just too darn liberal but I don't buy it. Global warming ... man made planet issues yep I can go there. Doomsday..this is not about God.

The little girl that was me so long ago, thought that if we got something good surely it was time for the end of the world. How messed up is that?
Here I will say it. I deserve good things. You deserve good things.
I don't have to be afraid.

A few weeks ago my son and I went to the book store and got 2 books by David Pilkey of Captain Underpants Fame. We went to a restaurant and he read one about a robot and I read the 1st Captain Underpants. We both chuckled as we read and ate our little dinners. It doesn't get much better than this.....

Fear sucks....Love is all around

No comments:

Post a Comment